Biodiversity Reclamation | Laurel Roth
The pigeons from Roth’s Biodiversity Reclamation Suits for Urban Pigeons series are in disguise. The American artist created crochet jackets, inspired by rare and extinct birds. This causes a transformation: the annoying everyday pigeon is being transformed into a bird that acquired a special position because of its extinction. The ordinary pigeon can start a new life incognito.
This particular bird is disguised as a Ivory Billed Woodpecker, the largest woodpecker of North-America. Although, it is uncertain if any of these large birds remain.
Artist: Laurel Roth
Title: Biodiversity Reclamation Suits for Urban Pigeons: Ivory Billed Woodpecker
Material: wood (walnut), crochet yarn
Size: 44,5 x 17,5 x 48 cm
Price: € 3.700 (incl. VAT)
Shipped within 5 days. Shipping with PostNL (including insurance service).
• Pickup at Bergarde Galleries: free
• Shipping (The Netherlands): € 14,45
• Shipping Europe (zone 1)*: € 27,00
• Shipping Europe (zone 2)**: € 32,50
• Shipping worldwide: € 41,80
Questions? Contact Bergarde Galleries for more information.
* Europe Zone 1: Belgium, Denmark (excl. Faeröer Islands and Greenland), Germany, France (incl. Corsica and Monaco), Italy (excl. San Marino and Vatican), Luxembourg, Austria, Spain (incl. Balearen, excl. Canarische Eilanden), United Kingdom, Sweden
* Europe Zone 2: Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal (incl. Azors and Madeira), Romenia, Slovenia, Slovakia,Czech Republic, Albany, Andorra, Bosnia, Canary Islands, Cyprus, Faeröer Islands, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Iceland, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Malta, Moldavia, Montenegro, Norway, Ukraine, San Marino, Servia, Turkey, Vatican, Belarus, Swiss